Humeston Public Library

This blog is written by a librarian in a small town in south central Iowa. Originally, this blog began as a reader's advisory to highlight some of the great reads available to loan to our library patrons. However, the focus of the blog was too narrow so I have changed the address and now include anything involving our local library on this blog site. Enjoy!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Spud Rules!


As a mom of two young children, I rarely get to read anything but children's books. Since I am a librarian, it is very handy to bring home a variety of interesting books for my children to look at and for me to read to them. Some of my recent choices have especially pleased my three year old son. We read Go, Spud, Go! by Kim Ostrow several times each day for about two weeks. This book has very few words but it has great pictures of Bob the Builder, his crew of talking equipment, and the infamous Spud the scarecrow. After reading this book a few times, my son was able to recite several parts of the story. He was disappointed when we returned it to the library, but I promised I would bring home another good book for him to read for a couple of weeks. I recommend this book to young children -particularly Bob the Builder fans- and their parents or grandparents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home