Humeston Public Library

This blog is written by a librarian in a small town in south central Iowa. Originally, this blog began as a reader's advisory to highlight some of the great reads available to loan to our library patrons. However, the focus of the blog was too narrow so I have changed the address and now include anything involving our local library on this blog site. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Warm Fuzzy Books...Literally


I mentioned in my last post that I am quite busy with my kids and my part-time job at the local library. However, occasionally, I do get to do some hobbies such as sewing, knitting, quilting, scrapbooking and reading books without pictures. Recently, I was thrilled to find two books that were centered around one of my hobbies - knitting.

I ordered the book The Shop on Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber for the library because she is a popular author among the fiction readers in my town. As I prepared the book for circulation, I was intrigued by the book jacket description and decided that I should be the first to read it. I found the references to knitting were accurate and believeable. This is a warm, fuzzy story about an unlikely friendship between four women that was knit together at a class offered by a local yarn shop.

Debbie Macomber later wrote the book A Good Yarn, which I also read before anyone else. This book refers to the characters and events in the first book and is also centered around the same yarn shop. Once again, an unlikely friendship is formed between new characters with different issues.

I highly recommend both of these books to anyone looking for easy-to-read books that will leave you with a happy, warm, fuzzy feeling when you turn the last page. My library patrons agree. I have had 100% positive feedback on both books. So pull out a nice hand-knitted afghan on a cool fall day and enjoy one of these great books by Debbie Macomber.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home