Humeston Public Library

This blog is written by a librarian in a small town in south central Iowa. Originally, this blog began as a reader's advisory to highlight some of the great reads available to loan to our library patrons. However, the focus of the blog was too narrow so I have changed the address and now include anything involving our local library on this blog site. Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Books for children

I'm always happy to find good books for small children, so I appreciate Jackie's posts. I don't have children, grandchildren, or even nieces and nephews (though I have quite a few honorary nieces and nephews) but I do have a fairly new little neighbor (just turned 1) and I am looking for titles for him. I went into the bookstore to get a book or two for his first birthday--and came out with $80 worth of books! And Christmas is coming....