Humeston Public Library

This blog is written by a librarian in a small town in south central Iowa. Originally, this blog began as a reader's advisory to highlight some of the great reads available to loan to our library patrons. However, the focus of the blog was too narrow so I have changed the address and now include anything involving our local library on this blog site. Enjoy!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Is It Really About Elephants?

I want to write briefly about a new book in our collection. The Des Moines Register has shown Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen at the top of the best seller list for several weeks. I admit that our library doesn't often have very many of the books on the Register's best seller list, but we usually have two or three in our collection. I read a short review on this book and thought it was worth adding to our collection. I have not yet had the opportunity to read this book but initial response is very positive and those who have read it said it was enjoyable and that they would recommended it to others. Maybe some day I will get to read it and will find out just how much of the story is really about elephants.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger bgunzy said…

    It's not about elephants - it's about water, nothing to do with elephants. In fact, I believe "elephants" was a typo. Yep, nothin' doin' with elephants...or something like that.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Terrific blog. What a great service you provide to the good folks of Humeston. Always enjoy my visits.

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jackie said…

    Thanks! I didn't know who would be the first to find my blog. I will try to update it from time to time. Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Kiddo, You are appreciated much more than you will ever know. How very lucky we are to have you in our library---in our town.
    Hugs from your adopted mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home